Monday, January 19, 2009

Featured this week

Here is another great store Nycole.etsy.com I love it!

One of my favorite things is scrapbooking, look at this great shop!

Here is her interview-


1.How did you get started doing your art/craft?

I saw a mini album in a magazine that I thought was very cute. I gathered the supplies necessary and attempted to make something similar. It turned out nothing like the photo; but I liked it. I began selling them at various craft fairs and found that people really liked what I had to offer. I continued to add different styles and types of albums which allowed me to expand my client base.

2.Why do you create?

I am a sucker for scrapbooks and keeping memories close to the surface. I like to reminisce and relive good times, so a scrapbook close by helps me to do this. I like to make the mini albums because they make such wonderful gifts and I want everyone to enjoy a little piece of what I love.

3.What is your favorite item to make?

The accordion album is my favorite thing to make. I think they are so neat and fun! Second up would be a 12X12 scrapbook page. Those mean the most to me, since they contain my thoughts, feelings and memories. But any project that I create gets special attention and love while I am making it.

4.What do you like about etsy?

Etsy has given me the opportunity to focus on doing what I love and not have to spend as much time doing craft fairs and such. I have been able to sell to customers from all over the world including the UK, Japan, Australia and many other places. I

5.Where do you make your work?

I have a great studio in a funky room above the garage in my house. It also doubles as my office where I work my “regular” job. I have my layouts all over the walls to give me both inspiration and a place to showcase my work. I’m a very organized person, so my studio/office is usually pretty well kept. (Unless my four year old has decided to go to work with me. Then things get interesting.)

6.Tell us something about yourself...

I am 27 years old, a wife of nearly nine years and a mother of four years. I am currently working in the staffing industry as an assistant to the president. I also attend school through external degree programs working on my Bachelor’s degree in business. When I am not working or studying, I create items to sell in my Etsy shop or at local craft shows. All the money I make goes to my education, since I am paying for that solely from my “scrapbook” money.

No comments: